Somerville is a city located directly to the northwest of Boston, in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, As of 2010, the United States Census lists the city with a total population of 75,754 people, making it the most densely populated municipality in New England. As of 2010, it was the 16th most densely populated incorporated municipality in the country. In 2006, the town was named the best-run city in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe. In 1972, in 2009, and again in 2015, the city received the All-America City Award.
Somerville has a number of squares that are centers for business and entertainment, as well as a number of other neighborhoods:
- Assembly Square
- Ball Square
- Brickbottom (north of McGrath Highway, south of Inner Belt District)
- Clarendon Hill (near Broadway and Arlington border)
- Davis Square (considered West Somerville)
- Duck Village (north of Beacon Street, just west of Union Square)
- East Somerville (East of McGrath Highway, between Washington and Broadway Streets)
- Gilman Square (consisting of Medford Street and Pearl Street)
- Inner Belt District
- Magoun Square
- Nunnery Grounds (Mount Benedict)
- Powder House Square
- Prospect Hill (part of Union Square)
- Spring Hill
- The States (streets named after U.S. states, between Broadway/East Somerville and I-93/Assembly Square)
- Teele Square
- Ten Hills
- Union Square
- Wilson Square (Elm Street and Somerville Avenue)
- Winter Hill
Sullivan Square, in the Charlestown neighborhood of Boston, is just over the border from East Somerville; Inman Square and Lechmere Square, both in Cambridge, are also just outside Somerville. Porter Square is in both Somerville and Cambridge.
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.